[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] The Providence of God by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:37:34 UTC 2021

Some time ago I made a special visit to the American Colony Hotel in
Jerusalem. I wanted to see the handwritten lyrics that hang on the wall,
framed and visible for all to see. Horatio Spafford wrote them, never
imagining they would become the words to one of the world’s best-loved
hymns.

On December 2, 1873, he received a telegram from his wife that began,
“Saved alone. What shall I do?” The ship she was on had collided with
another ship and had sunk. Their four daughters drowned and Anna survived.
While sailing on the ship to bring her home, Spafford wrote the lyrics to a
song that would become an anthem to the providence of God.

“Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say…It is Well with My Soul!”

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."