[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: CAN A PERSON FIND FAVOR WITH GOD BY LIVING BIBLICALLY BUT NOT GOING TO CHURCH?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Thu Jul 29 07:25:44 UTC 2021

CAN A PERSON FIND FAVOR WITH GOD BY LIVING BIBLICALLY BUT NOT GOING TO CHURCH?
July 28, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

First, it’s important to note that there will be many people in heaven who were not affiliated with a church, either because they did not have that opportunity or another reason that prevents them from the privilege. But one of the most important principles of Christianity is that we are saved into the body of Christ, which is another name for the church. When you are baptized, you become part of Christ’s body.

So I would ask in return: Why would a person say he loves God and His truth, but does not wish to fellowship with His people? That’s one reason God wants us in church—because it has people with similar beliefs. It helps bolster our faith and makes us accountable. It is also an excellent environment in which to increase our capacity to love one another. People learn their most important lessons of love in the context of their biological families. Church families follow the same dynamic—especially with new believers.

If a person says, “I believe in God and want to be saved and baptized, but I don’t want to go to church,” it sounds to me like a man saying to his bride, “I love you, I want to marry you—but I don’t want to live with you.” It’s saying you want the benefits of marriage but not the relationship that goes with it. Part of the Christian experience is having a relationship within the fellowship of believers.

I lived as a hermit once—up in a cave and away from society. In that kind of solitude, you have a tendency to become eccentric. Isolating oneself from society begins to affect your mind; your brain sort of atrophies. You become socially inept. In the same way, it’s important for Christians to be social with fellow believers in corporate worship to avoid becoming spiritually inept. It’s God’s gift—so I encourage each Christian to find a biblical church in which they can grow into mature members of God’s family.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."
Acts 2:47

REVELATION NOW! DVD SET
Join Pastor Doug Batchelor for this epic Bible prophecy series and get clear, trustworthy, logical answers to your most pressing questions about life, prophecy, and the last days. You’ll not only receive life-changing insight into what the future will bring next, but you’ll also gain the practical tools you need to thrive in the here and now!

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)