[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO “PUT ON” THE ARMOR OF GOD? PT. 2

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Sat Jul 31 21:20:51 UTC 2021

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO “PUT ON” THE ARMOR OF GOD? PT. 2
July 31, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

The first item of spiritual armor mentioned in Ephesians 6 is the belt of truth. The spiritual significance is that God does not want us to simply point at the truth; He wants us to wear it and have it wrapped about us. Wearing the belt of truth also means wearing Christ, for He is “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).

Wearing the breastplate of righteousness is always in partnership with the robe of Jesus’ righteousness. The only way we can experience victory in battle against the devil is through confidence that the righteousness of Jesus covers our hearts and that we are forgiven.

When the devil sends his flaming arrows of temptation, we are to hold up the shield of faith, the shield bearing the name of our King of kings, Jesus. Through faith in His name, we can resist any enticement. “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

In the Bible, the foot is a symbol for the direction or “the walk” of a person’s life. Are you walking with the Lord? Are you going in the right direction? The Scriptures explain how to have a sacred walk. But it’s hard to walk when you’re sliding. Having our feet “shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace” (Ephesians 6:15 KJV) gives us good footing—and prevents backsliding.

The Bible says, “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation” (Isaiah 52:7). As we become involved in spreading the good news, it will strengthen us against the enemy’s attacks.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
Ephesians 6:13

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)