[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] PERSISTENT PRAYER

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Jun 15 13:37:44 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 9:26 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] PERSISTENT PRAYER

PERSISTENT PRAYER

As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing
to pray for you.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24152185.2781/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9MVNhbS4xMi4yMw/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B6
d130ef4> 1 Samuel 12:23a

An important aspect of prayer is to pray patiently. God meets our needs "at
the proper time" (
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24152185.2781/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9R2FsLjYuOQ/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174C14509
6e9> Galatians 6:9). Too often Christians weary of praying, and give up.
This is often justified on the basis that God's failure to answer means the
request is not according to His will. Remember, God can:

Deliver - whatever we ask in His name;

Delay - to fit His perfect timing (only He sees the end from the beginning);

Deny - and say 'No' because we ask amiss or give a

Different and better answer.

Jesus urges us to be persistent in prayer (
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24152185.2781/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9THVrZS4xMS41LUx1a2UuMTEuOA/5ef562bd102223
74f46b6174D76918f53> Luke 11:5-8). This does not mean that God does not want
to meet our needs and that we need to try to persuade Him. It simply means
that only God, who completely understands the whole situation, can know when
and how to answer. Only when we have assurance in our hearts from the Lord,
should we remove a matter from our prayer list.

Many times Christians lose heart in prayer because they do not recognize
when the Lord does answer their prayers. Sometimes this is due to the fact
that they did not pray specifically enough and sometimes because they have
decided in advance how God must answer. Perhaps they think that only a great
miracle can meet their need.

But the Lord may change the circumstances so that the need seems to be
supplied "naturally." Mature believers will recognize that the events of
everyday life also come from the Lord. Our daily bread and safety are
miracles of God in this troubled world Let us not presume to tell God how to
answer, and let us praise Him for His daily care.

RESPONSE: Today I will acknowledge God gives His best to those who leave the
choices to Him.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be patient and persistent.and leave the answers to
my prayers in Your hands.

Provided byBible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8119)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8119>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20PERS
ISTENT%20PRAYER>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20PERSISTE
NT%20PRAYER>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/83555499/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.