[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] The Father Won't Let Go

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Jun 15 13:36:56 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 7:55 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] The Father Won't Let Go

The Father Won't Let Go

John 10:28  ". . . neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

Some years ago, on a hot summer day in south Florida, a little boy decided
to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house.  In a hurry to
dive into the cool water, he ran out of the back door, leaving behind shoes,
socks, and shirt as he went.  He flew into the water, not realizing that as
he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the
shore.

His father working in the yard saw the two as they got closer and closer
together. In utter fear, he ran toward the water, yelling to his son as
loudly as he could.  Hearing his voice, the little boy became alarmed and
made a u-turn to swim to his father.

It was too late. Just as he reached his father, the alligator reached him.
>From the dock, the father grabbed his little boy by the arms just as the
alligator snatched his legs. An incredible tug-of-war between the two began.
The alligator was much stronger than the father but the father was much too
passionate to let go, and dug his nails into the little boy's arms.

A farmer driving by heard the screams of the child, and after retrieving a
rifle from his truck, raced to the water's edge and shot the alligator.
Remarkably, after weeks in the hospital, the little boy recovered.

The local newspaper reporter interviewing the boy after the trauma asked if
he would show him his scars.  The little boy lifted his pant legs and said,
"These are the scars from where the alligator tried to pull me under the
water."  Then, he rolled up his shirt sleeves and said, "Now look at my
arms.  These are the scars where my father wouldn't let me go."

Each of us is marked.  Yes, there are scars we bear in our lives because of
poor choices we have made.  But if we look closely, there are other marks we
have incurred, where a loving sovereign God has refused to let us go.  At
the time, His grip of grace may seem painful, but it is all for our
protection, so that we may be preserved to live, and testify of His tender
mercies that He reveals to us with each new day.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8118)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8118>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%
20Father%20Won%27t%20Let%20Go>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%2
0Father%20Won%27t%20Let%20Go>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83553798/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.