[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 6-16-21

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Jun 20 17:39:24 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2021 1:13 PM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 6-16-21

My Bible Verse of The Day - 6-16-21
Romans 14:5-6 (NKJV) 5 One person esteems one day above another;
another esteems every day alike.  Let each be fully convinced in his
own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;  and he
who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it...
This is a very intriguing verse that lays bare many things. It also
says a lot that many may find a  bit hard to take.
God, in His infinite wisdom, created each of us uniquely. We all have
different strengths and  weaknesses as we grow in Him.
He works with us to fix (correct) those weaknesses. But as He is doing
so, He gives us grace, since  we are works in progress.
In the verses above, Paul is addressing the fact that some Jewish
believers still felt the need to  observe the Sabbath, since it was
part of their “previous life” with God.
It was hard for them to shake their traditions, since they still didn’t
fully comprehend that Jesus  had fulfilled the law, thereby releasing
them from the requirements of the law.
Paul’s concern was that believers would scorn each other, or judge each
other, based on whether  they observed the Sabbath (or other holy days) or not.
He went on to explain that whether a person observes a specific holy
day or not isn’t important.  What’s important is honoring God in what
we do every day.
So, if a person still felt convicted within themselves to observe the
Sabbath, then by all means,  do it.
But if a person (more than likely a gentile) felt no conviction to
observe the Sabbath (or other  holy days), then the Jew who still
observed it had no business looking down at the person who  didn’t observe it.
Likewise, the person who felt no conviction, and therefore didn’t
observe it, had no business  mocking or scorning the one who chose to
observe it.
Each person had to follow their own convictions based on their level of
maturity as a believer.
With that said, it’s important that we understand that God’s goal for
us all is to reach a level of  maturity where we understand His word
enough to see that tradition is much less important than His  desires
for us to grow as a believer.
Once we do that, we will understand that He comes first in all things,
and that doing things just  because that’s the way we’ve always done
them can sometimes put us at odds with what He wants us to  do.
Pastor Curt & Pastor Ellie

View/Reply Online (#8161): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8161
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.