[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: A Father's Eyes

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Jun 20 17:38:33 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2021 12:10 PM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: A Father's Eyes

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=2690d764-718d-49ae-8746-9d543aecac32&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Sunday

Fathers Day 2021

Good Sunday Afternoon Everyone:

"None of us can ever be proud enough of being the child of such a Father

who has not his equal in this world - so great, so good, so faultless." There

has been a moment in each of our lives when we have stopped to wonder

the matchless importance of our dad in our lives. Their influence infinite,

their presence inimitable! They have been a pillar of strength for us and

their unconditional love has never demanded anything from us other than

our love and respect. Celebrate the spirit of Father's Day with this

adorable story and cherish the presence of your father in your life.

*****

A Father's Eyes

Jonathan's mother died when he was very young and his father brought

him up. Both of them shared a very special relationship. Jonathan

loved to play football and his father made sure that he was always there

to cheer his son at every match, even if Jonathan wasn't a part of the

playing team. Jonathan being small sized, wasn't allowed to play in the

main team. Nevertheless, he continued with his practice with full

determination. Everyone thought that Jonathan would never be able

to make it into the team, though somehow, his determination carried

him through. The coach seeing his diligence and dedication decided

to keep him on the roster.

One day during practice, the coach met him with a telegram. Jonathan

was shocked to read the message contained in it. Swallowing hard, he

mumbled to the coach, "My father died this morning. Will it be all right

if I miss practice today?" The coach gently put his arm around his

shoulder and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son, and don't even

plan to come to the game on Saturday." On the day of the game,

Jonathan's college team was losing badly to the rival team. The coach

and the players had all lost hope when they saw Jonathan coming

towards them. Jonathan ran up to the coach and pleaded him to allow

him to play this match. At first, the coach wouldn't allow him to play.

However, after a lot of persuasion, the coach gave in. No sooner had

Jonathan joined the team on the field, their scores started to improve

before both the teams were on a tie.

However, the real cheer came during the crucial closing seconds when

he intercepted a pass and ran all the way for the winning touchdown.

His team members were ecstatic. The crowd came running towards him

to celebrate the win. After the match, the coach went up to Jonathan,

who was seated alone in the corner of the locker room and asked, "Kid,

I can't believe it. You were fantastic! Tell me what got into you? How

did you do it?" He looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said,

"Well, you knew my dad died, but did you know that my dad was

blind?" The young man swallowed hard and forced a smile, "Dad came

to all my games, but today was the first time he could see me play,

and I wanted to show him I could do it!"

*****

May God Bless and keep our Fathers both here and in Heaven!!!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=2690d764-718d-49ae-8746-9d543aecac32> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.