[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: HOW CAN I MAKE MY FAITH IN GOD STRONGER?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Mon Jun 21 10:09:44 UTC 2021

HOW CAN I MAKE MY FAITH IN GOD STRONGER?
June 21, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

Faith is a word we don’t always use in our everyday vocabulary. It’s often relegated to the field of theology. But actually, faith is the foundation of our daily walk with God. Simply put—it’s trusting in the Lord. Every time you sit in a chair, you have “faith” that it will hold you up and not collapse beneath you. Faith is trusting that God will hold us up through the thick and the thin.

Many people have strong faith when everything is going well in their lives, but when a storm comes through, they lose their grip on God. It reminds me of a simple illustration from the field of aviation. As a pilot, one of the expressions I’ll sometimes use is “flying blind.” It simply means that when your outside visuals are obliterated by clouds, bad weather, or darkness, you fly the airplane solely by relying on the instruments. It’s a bit scary when you first learn how to trust what’s on the panel in front of you and not worry about the darkness outside. But without it, you are destined to crash and burn!

Exercising trust in God when things are dark and gloomy helps our faith grow strong. As we develop a relationship with Jesus through daily Bible study and prayer, we learn that He truly loves us and has our best interests in mind. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11). The more we come to know of God’s love, the more we’ll trust Him.

Every Christian is given a measure of faith by God (Romans 12:3). It’s amazing what even a little faith can do. Jesus said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20).

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1

REVELATION NOW! DVD SET
Join Pastor Doug Batchelor for this epic Bible prophecy series and get clear, trustworthy, logical answers to your most pressing questions about life, prophecy, and the last days. You’ll not only receive life-changing insight into what the future will bring next, but you’ll also gain the practical tools you need to thrive in the here and now!

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)