[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: New resource from THRU the BIBLE

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Mar 1 23:41:02 UTC 2021

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter [mailto:info at ttb.org]
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 9:00 AM
To: Michael
Subject: New resource from THRU the BIBLE

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

 Bible Bus <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> March 1, 2021

  <http://i10.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

You know you want to understand the book of Revelation better. Here’s a new resource from THRU the BIBLE to help. Download the  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-y/> Revelation Bible Companion—Dr. McGee’s teaching summarized in an easy-to-read format, including discussion questions to ponder or to engage a small group. Very accessible and fascinating (and free)!

·         So why do you want to go to heaven? To avoid hell? Not a bad reason. But learn a better, more satisfying reason in this challenging  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-j/> article from Dr. McGee. You’ll want to make it personal in the “My Turn” section, too.

·         To get ready for our 11th trip through the Bible on the Bible Bus beginning April 2, remind yourself  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-t/> Why Study the Bible? A great review for your heart and head.

·         Don’t miss this great story of a  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-i/> “Modern-day Apostle Paul”—one of our fellow Bible Bus riders in the Middle East.

As always, we’ve got your seat saved on the Bible Bus. Scoot over and invite someone to join you.

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/March2021mainarticle.124644.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

Why Do You Want to Go to Heaven?

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Many people talk about heaven, but not everybody who talks about heaven is going to heaven. The question I want to ask you today is, Why do you want to go to heaven?

Is the idea to miss hell? That’s not an unworthy motive, but may I say to you that if you go to heaven, you are going to find yourself either getting down on your face or getting up, worshiping the triune God and especially the Lord Jesus Christ. If you find worship boring down here and you are not interested in worshiping the Lord Jesus and expressing your heart's desire to Him, why in the world do you want to go to heaven? We are going to spend a lot of time up there worshiping Him.

Fellowship with Christ Jesus is the reason we should want to go to heaven.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-d/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/March2021global.124817.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

A Modern-day Apostle Paul

Recently we heard this story from one of our partners in the Middle East and couldn’t wait to share it with you. Our partner writes,

“In Scripture we come across one Paul, a one-of-a-kind minister of the gospel. And yet, if I were to consider one person that would resemble Paul, it would be the face and name of Fadi.

“This young man from ‘country X’ lived in ‘country Y’ and had made a good life for himself … until the day he questioned Islam. That landed Fadi in jail with an eight-year sentence."

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/Revelation-Bible-Companion.150141.png>

Revelation Bible Companion

A summary of Dr. McGee’s teaching, this companion gets to the heart of Bible passages to stir your own thinking, prayer, and study. After every lesson, several questions are listed for your personal consideration or group discussion.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-k/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/March2021WPT.130806.jpg>

World Prayer Today

“I live in a rural area where there is no church. A pastor visits regularly, but because of Covid-19 we have not seen Him much. Your program keeps me growing in the Lord."

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-u/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/Whystudy.142215.png>

Why Study the Bible?

Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.       -Psalm 119:18

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-o/> > Why study the Bible?

  <http://i6.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/WhatsHappeningatTTB.142230.jpg>

A Celebration in India

>From Gregg Harris: Yesterday, I got up at 3 a.m. to participate in the most extraordinary Zoom call …

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-b/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/March2021GH.144400.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

We consider it our solemn responsibility to get out the Word of God while we can. I know you feel the same way ...

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-n/> > Read more

  <http://i8.cmail19.com/ei/r/7B/0A2/2DE/csimport/2021-March.150124.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-p/> > Download the newsletter

 Get, Read, Join, Help <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-m/> Download Notes

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-c/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Reading Schedule

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-q/> Praying hands

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-a/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-f/> Globe

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-z/> Partner today.

 Mail <http://i1.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
 Phone <http://i5.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)  Website <http://i6.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-v/> TTB.org  email <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-e/> Facebook <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-s/> Twitter <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-g/> YouTube <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-w/> Instagram

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih-yd/> Thru the Bible

  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-o-tllkhkdt-idmkhdkih/o.gif>