[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] John Ryan verse of the day

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Sun May 2 12:48:41 UTC 2021

Verse of the Day - And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground. 1 Sam. 3:19

To Samuel it might have seemed, after years of observing sin all about him, either that God excused some of sin because of their lack of light or that His plan for man had changed. But Samuel was unaware of how long God had waited for a young man who was willing to do God's will no matter the cost, to whom He could truly impart His Spirit, and thus commit the leadership of His work on earth. Today we look around us and wonder at why we are still here, why Jesus has not returned. God is patient, waiting for His people to perfectly reflect His character, that He can return and gather His people His people to Himself. When we witness to others and let God shine through us, others will be able to see the light within us and want it in their lives as well. "None of his words fall to the ground" when we are seeking to please God. Are you letting God shine in your life that others will see God in you or are you just "biding your time"?