[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] TRAINING CHILDREN

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun May 9 17:13:47 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 9, 2021 12:04 PM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] TRAINING CHILDREN

TRAINING CHILDREN

.do not exasperate your children; instead bring them up in the training and
instruction of the Lord.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23789159.5324/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9RXBoLjYuNA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B5ee35
abf> Ephesians 6:4

A Chinese Bible Woman shares the following situation that helped train her
and her children in righteousness while her husband was in labor camp:

One day I said to my children, "The Lord has told me that today I will go to
prison for Him. Father is also in prison so please behave. Love each other
and don't forget to bring food for your mom!"

During that time there were so many prisoners that the government could not
provide for all of them so family members provided their food.

The children cried when they heard this. Daniel replied, "But mom, we have
only five catties of rice left. How can we have rice and also send you some?
When it's all gone, we'll die!"

I told the children, "The Lord can turn nothing into something!" and I
reminded them of the story of Elijah and the widow. They had a simple
child-like faith and believed that God could provide for their need. So they
concluded, "Even though our rice is not enough, we will cook for you too!"

After talking with the children, The Public Security Bureau police came to
the door and arrested me. Daniel followed me to the prison to find out which
cell I would be in. The younger two children knelt in prayer. As I was taken
away, my heart was wrenched as I heard their little voices trailing off.

I was in prison on that occasion for thirty days. All the while Daniel
faithfully sent rice for me. When I returned home I asked, "Is there any
rice left?"

Daniel's response was, "Mom, our rice container is overflowing!" It really
was. Those five catties had inexplicably grown to about forty catties and
were literally overflowing the container.

I said, "Praise the Lord! Now we can continue to cook for the other inmates
and feed them as well." The Lord's grace is beyond measure.

RESPONSE: In fulfilling the functions of the church in each Christian home,
we have the great responsibility to train and instruct our children in faith
and righteousness.

PRAYER: Lord, help me model today Your love, faith and righteousness before
the little ones I am in a position to influence.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7759)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7759>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20TRAI
NING%20CHILDREN>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20TRAINING
%20CHILDREN>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/82701050/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.