[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: Not Owners, but Stewards

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed May 26 14:48:20 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 9:49 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: Not Owners, but Stewards

 Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Not Owners, but Stewards
LISTEN
“Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor
to trust in uncertain riches  but in the living God, who gives us
richly all things to enjoy.”
—1 Timothy 6:17
Most of us wouldn’t think of ourselves as rich compared to the world’s
wealthiest people. Yet even  Americans on the lowest rung of the
economic ladder still are wealthy in comparison to the standard  of
living in most of the world today.
Today if you have a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, and some
form of transportation, then  compared to many people around the world,
you’re rich. Of course, you can enjoy what God has  blessed you with.
That isn’t a sin.
However, the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, “Command those who are rich
in this present age not to  be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain
riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things  to enjoy”
(1 Timothy 6:17 NKJV).
We’re not owners, but stewards, of what God has put into our
possession. Along these lines, Paul  told the believers in Philippi
that their financial gift to him would result in a reward for them:
“Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your
account” (Philippians 4:17  NKJV).
Paul was saying, “When you give to me or to the ministry I’m involved
in, it will result in fruit  to your account. God will credit you for that.”
That’s an incredible thing for us to think about. You will leave behind
whatever you have on this  earth, which will be divided among your
relatives or whomever you choose.
On the other hand, whatever you’ve invested in the work of God’s
kingdom—every dollar you gave for  ministry, every cent you contributed
for the preaching of the gospel or for the support of your  church—will
result in spiritual fruit to your account.
So don’t put your hope in wealth. Instead, use what God has given you for good.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#7930): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7930
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io