[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] DEAD ALREADY - AND HIDDEN IN CHRIST

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed May 26 15:44:39 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 11:19 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] DEAD ALREADY - AND HIDDEN IN CHRIST

DEAD ALREADY - AND HIDDEN IN CHRIST

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23965453.5097/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Q29sLjMuMw/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B75115
473> Colossians 3:3

Kefa Sempangi was pastor of the large Redeemed Church of Uganda. Easter
Sunday 1973 was his first serious brush with death at the hands of Idi
Amin's goons. After an all-day worship service he went exhausted to the
vestry to change clothes-too exhausted to notice the five strangers
(government secret police goons) following him into the room:

They stood between me and the door, pointing their rifles at my face. For a
long moment no one said anything. Then the tallest man, obviously the
leader, spoke. "We are going to kill you," he said. "If you have something
to say, say it before you die." He spoke quietly but his face was twisted
with hatred.

I could only stare at him. For a sickening moment I felt the full weight of
his rage. We had never met before but his deepest desire was to tear me to
pieces. My mouth felt heavy and my limbs began to shake. Everything left my
control. They will not need to kill me, I thought to myself. I am just going
to fall over dead and I will never see my family again.

>From far away I heard a voice, and I was astonished to realize that it was
my own. "I do not need to plead my own cause," I heard myself saying. "I am
a dead man already. My life is dead and hidden in Christ. It is your lives
that are in danger; you are dead in your sins. I will pray to God that after
you have killed me, He will spare you from eternal destruction."

The tall one took a step towards me and then stopped. In an instant, his
face was changed. His hatred had turned to curiosity. He lowered his gun and
motioned to the others to do the same. They stared at him in amazement but
they took their guns from my face.

Then the tall one spoke again. "Will you pray for us now?" he asked. I
thought my ears were playing a trick. I looked at him and then at the
others. My mind was completely paralyzed. "Father in heaven," I prayed, "You
who have forgiven men in the past, forgive these men also. Do not let them
perish in their sins but bring them into yourself."[1]

RESPONSE: Realizing I am dead in Christ brings boldness to proclaim truth
even in fearful situations.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to trust You in times of fear and challenge and allow
Your Spirit to take control of every situation.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7932)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7932>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20DEAD
%20ALREADY%20-%20AND%20HIDDEN%20IN%20CHRIST>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20DEAD%20A
LREADY%20-%20AND%20HIDDEN%20IN%20CHRIST>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83103270/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.