[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "In Sight"

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:52:09 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 09:41
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "In Sight"

 Friday, November 19, 2021
In Sight
LISTEN
"Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they  were fighting heavy waves."
—Matthew 14:24
A while back I heard a minister say, “Chaos is never the evidence of God’s absence; it’s the arena  in which He moves.”
When we’re surrounded by chaos, we might think that God is absent when He really isn’t. In Matthew  14 we read of a time when the disciples found themselves in the midst of chaos as they battled a  storm on the Sea of Galilee. Worse yet, Jesus was nowhere in sight.
Commenting on the same story, Mark 6:48 gives us this detail: “He [Jesus] saw that they were in  serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water” (NLT).
Although the disciples lost sight of Jesus, He never lost sight of them. And He came to them,  walking on water. Jesus will come to us in our storms as well.
Jesus, being God, can do whatever He wants. He could have flown in. But Jesus walked among us as a  man. He walked in our shoes, lived our life, and died our death. And He came to the disciples on  the waves to show them that the things they feared—the wind and the sea—merely were a staircase for  Him to come to them.
The disciples, however, didn’t know it was Jesus who was coming toward them. Matthew’s gospel tells  us that when they “saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried  out, ‘It’s a ghost!’” (14:26 NLT).
Why didn’t they know it was Jesus? It’s because they weren’t looking for him. A lot of times we  miss Jesus not because He’s absent, but because we’re not looking for Him.
You’re not alone in your storm. Jesus is with you. He’s watching you, not impassively but with  great interest and great concern.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#9163): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/9163
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

https://www.avg.com