[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] SOURCE OF PEACE

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:55:56 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 10:09
To: Mr. Ed <pinky14 at abe.midco.net>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] SOURCE OF PEACE

SOURCE OF PEACE

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the
world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/25761285.602/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnYX
Rld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Sm9obi4xNC4yNw/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B76
6a1fc0> John 14:27

Five Christian students were walking home from an Open Doors seminar in east
Africa and passed a young Muslim man walking into the bush with a rope in
his hand. He tied the rope around a tree. The students asked, "What are you
doing?"

"I want to kill myself," he replied. "Why?"

"I say my prayers five times a day and I read the Qur'an. I have money, a
wife and children, but I have no peace. I want peace. That is my one big
wish."

The students applied what they have learned and witnessed to this man named
Keder. They told him that the Qur'an teaches that Jesus is a prophet but He
is also the Saviour of everyone who accepts Him as Lord. He is the Prince of
Peace. Keder left the rope in the tree and decided to give this Saviour a
try. The students took him to church and after prayer Keder said, "I've
found the peace I was seeking."

The following day Keder showed up at the seminar. A stranger wearing a
Muslim hat scared the teacher at first but he continued. In the afternoon,
Keder asked to give his testimony. "Until now, Islam was the only genuine
religion for me because it was straightforward. I studied the Qur'an for
five years and I did my rituals daily but none of that gave me peace. That
is why I decided to kill myself. Then I met five of you Christians
yesterday. I used to hate Christians, but when you witnessed and prayed for
me, everything changed. Muslims are hurting without the knowledge of the
Scriptures, therefore pray for them." Keder is now secretly studying the
Bible and attending church. He is the first Muslim in his area to accept
Christ. His Bible study leader says that he attends regularly and arrives
early to talk about Jesus before the Bible study starts. Jesus' peace makes
him unafraid and he wants to witness. He is even prepared to die for Jesus.

RESPONSE: Today I will rest in the promises of the Prince of Peace and not
be fearful.

PRAYER: Pray for Muslims who are hurting from the lack of knowledge of the
scriptures and the source of true peace.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#9164)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/9164>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20SOUR
CE%20OF%20PEACE>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20SOURCE%2
0OF%20PEACE>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/87169692/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.

https://www.avg.com