[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: HOW CAN I BECOME WISE LIKE SOLOMON?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Sat Oct 2 11:21:14 UTC 2021

HOW CAN I BECOME WISE LIKE SOLOMON?
October 02, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

One of the most encouraging verses in the Bible on finding help is found in James 1:5. The apostle James doesn’t limit this promise to a certain group, but says, “If any of you lacks wisdom…” Furthermore, when we ask God for help, he writes that the Lord gives liberally and without reproach. God is not only generous in helping us, but He does not express disappointment with such requests. The Lord is delighted when we come seeking His guidance.

It’s also worth taking note that James says, “If any of you lacks wisdom…” The Greek word for wisdom is sophia, which is more than intellectual knowledge. Sometimes when looking for help in our lives, we seek for ideas that might only touch the surface of a problem. Wisdom goes deep and provides insight into overlooked factors, such as our motives.

One of my favorite ways to approach Bible study is to discover Christ in all the Bible. An interesting way Jesus is presented in Scripture is through a connection with wisdom. Christ embodies wisdom. The apostle Paul describes Jesus as “the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1 Corinthians 1:24). The book of Proverbs regularly speaks of wisdom as a person (Proverbs 1:20; 8:1; 9:1–5). And so Christ is the source of all wisdom.

When seeking God’s guidance, take time to search your heart and confess any known sin that might prevent God’s blessing (Psalm 66:18). Think of your motives (James 4:3), have faith that the Lord can lead you (Psalm 32:8), and seek counsel from godly people (Proverbs 11:14).

Finally, be open to different ways God might be directing you. We call these “providences.” These are signs or indications of how the Lord could be opening or closing doors. It might be a special Bible verse, a comment from a Christian friend, or an opening pathway.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."
James 1:5

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)