[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: KNOWLEDGE VS. WISDOM

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Sun Oct 3 14:14:00 UTC 2021

KNOWLEDGE VS. WISDOM
October 03, 2021

Average reading time is about 6 and a half minutes

An Amazing Fact: Sixteen-year-old Andrew Kamal holds the record for the highest IQ score ever recorded. His score of 295 makes him the most gifted child prodigy in the world. But a high IQ does not always translate into wisdom.

The Bible tells us that Solomon was the wisest person who ever lived. Soon after taking the throne, the dedicated young king earnestly prayed for God’s help to govern the kingdom. During the night the Lord revealed Himself to Solomon and said, “Ask! What shall I give you?” (1 Kings 3:5). Can you imagine receiving an invitation like that from the Creator of the universe? It was like receiving a blank check. Have you ever pondered what you would do if you were given a billion dollars?

King Solomon humbly responded to the Lord, “O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.” Then he asked, “Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?” (2 Chronicles 1:10). God was pleased that Solomon had not asked for fortunes, long life, or even the death of his enemies. He said, “Behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you” (v. 12). In fact, the Lord said that even though the young king had not asked for riches or honor, these would be given to him anyway, along with a long life …

… But there was a condition. “If you walk in My ways, to keep My statues and My commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days” (v. 14).

Solomon put the kingdom and righteousness of God first, and God blessed him with all the other things. This is what Jesus says will also happen if we have our priorities straight—“Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

The wisdom of Solomon, which comes from God, can be yours today. We, too, may humbly come before the Lord with faith and seek a discerning mind. In fact, that is the whole purpose of the book of Proverbs, penned primarily by this wise man. Such wisdom comes through faith and humility. “The fear of the Lord” means that we recognize our great dependence on God for all wisdom and knowledge. Thank you, heavenly Father, for answering the prayer of Solomon. Please hear my own humble cry for instruction and guidance today.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Proverbs 1:7

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)