[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] ETERNAL BUILDINGS

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Tue Oct 26 12:05:25 UTC 2021

Click here to view this message in a browser window.

ETERNAL BUILDINGS
October 26, 2021

Average reading time is about 4 and a half minutes

An Amazing Fact: As one of the world’s oldest structures at 4,600 years, the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt is the sole survivor of the seven wonders of the ancient world. It is believed that a slave force of about 25,000 men and women built the colossal structure. It took 20 years to build, using approximately 2.3 million blocks with an average weight of 2.5 metric tons. The largest block weighs as much as 15 metric tons.

The pyramid currently stands at more than 450 feet high, but at one time stood as high as 480 feet—50 stories! It was the tallest manmade structure for more than 43 centuries—surpassed only in the 19th century.

In addition, the interior stones fit so well together that even a business card won’t fit between them. It’s engineering prowess was so advanced that even current technology can’t duplicate the structure. The pyramid’s core was constructed mostly of soft limestone, but the outer layer of the pyramid was crafted in a beautifully bright, protective layer of polished stone that made the structure durable against the elements. The casing stones, 144,000 in all, were so brilliant that when sunlight reflected off them, they could be seen from the mountains of Israel hundreds of miles away.

These outer “casing stones” are missing today because of a 13th century earthquake, which loosened them. Arabic looters, recognizing this great quarry of precut stones, carted these off to finish construction of palaces and mosques.

The great pyramid represents man’s best attempt to build an eternal dwelling on Earth, but even the pyramids are slowly crumbling. In contrast, Jesus promises to build eternal dwellings for His children in which we can abide forever.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
John 14:2

Update Email Preferences
Copyright © 2021 Amazing Facts International

Our mailing address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678.

This email was sent to shellsebel at gmail.com.