[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] WILL OUR PLANET BE THE “NEW EARTH” AFTER JESUS’ SECOND COMING?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Fri Sep 3 14:13:18 UTC 2021

WILL OUR PLANET BE THE “NEW EARTH” AFTER JESUS’ SECOND COMING?
September 03, 2021

Average reading time is about 4 and a half minutes

God created Eden and the rest of our world with perfection and beauty, but then sin came and polluted the earth. The Lord’s plan was corrupted, perverted, and tainted by the devil. However, Satan will not ultimately confound God’s plan. The Lord is going to create a new heaven (a new atmosphere) and a new earth.

The Bible teaches that someday “the meek … shall inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:5). It’s pretty clear that, right now, proud and controlling people mostly rule the Earth. But someday, this will change. Daniel says, “The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High” (Daniel 7:27). The Earth will not be in the same condition that it is now, for the Lord will make “a new heaven and a new earth” (Revelation 21:1).

The apostle Peter encourages us, “We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells” (2 Peter 3:13). When will this take place? First, the righteous will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air at the second coming of Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:17). Then they will spend a millennium in heaven, living and reigning with Jesus (Revelation 20:4).

At the end of the millennium in heaven, John writes, “I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven” (Revelation 21:2). The New Jerusalem is the city of God, and its new home will be this planet. There will be no pollution; it will be this Earth made new. In this new home, “They shall build houses and inhabit them, they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit” and “the wolf and the lamb shall feed together” (Isaiah 65:21, 25). Our new home will be a real place!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
Revelation 21:1

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)