[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: WHO ARE THE 144, 000? PART 5

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Wed Sep 8 16:17:40 UTC 2021

WHO ARE THE 144,000? PART 5
September 08, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 and a half minutes

At Jesus’ first coming, He chose 12 men to reach Israel. “These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: ‘Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel’ ” (Matthew 10:5, 6). Then with the outpouring of the former rain, the 12 apostles reached thousands during the Pentecost revival. At first, they were all Jews (see Acts 2:5).

At the time of Jesus’ second coming, from the outpouring of the latter rain (the Holy Spirit), 12 times 12,000 will reach a great multitude around the world. The great multitude is converted under the influence and preaching of the 144,000!

Keep in mind that the 144,000 are not the only ones who Jesus is using to preach in the last days— just as the 12 apostles were only part of the 120 in the upper room who led out in the Pentecost revival (Acts 1:15). Not only did Jesus send out the 12 to preach in Israel, but another time He sent out a team of 70 (Luke 10:1). The 144,000 are the spiritual leaders in this revival, not the only ones preaching.

Just before the Lord pours out the Holy Spirit in Acts 2, something interesting happens in Acts 1. After Jesus ascended to heaven, the disciples pray and put aside their differences in the upper room (verse 13). One of the 12 apostles, Judas, was dead and needed to be replaced to restore the number to 12 (v. 26). As soon as the number was complete, the Holy Spirit was poured out.

Jesus blessed, trained, and filled with the Spirit 12 people to lead His followers in reaching the house of Israel for His first coming. He will next choose 12 times 12,000 to lead His church in reaching the world for His second coming. There will be a great multitude converted as a result of their ministry!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
"And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."
Joel 2:28-29

Did you enjoy this devotional? Request today's free offer:
Who Will Sing the Song? Understanding the 144,000

Understand the symbolism and literalism behind this misunderstood group of saints. Pastor Doug Batchelor also uncovers intriguing insights about the 12 tribes, the 12 apostles, the 24 elders, the true Israelites, who will be saved in heaven, and more
Request Today's Free Offer

THE BIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HELL MAGAZINE
Is hell a real place … or just a metaphor? Are sinners tortured in hellfire for eternity? Is the devil in charge of it all? These questions and more are answered in this brand-new sharing magazine from Amazing Facts International.

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)