[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Don’t blink or you’ll miss something good

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Thu Sep 30 11:41:15 UTC 2021

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter [mailto:info at ttb.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 7:00 AM
To: Michael Moore
Subject: EXT: Don’t blink or you’ll miss something good

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

 Bible Bus <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> September 30, 2021

  <http://i10.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

When God is at work, there’s never a dull moment. In this month’s feature article, learn how the Gospel of Mark is somewhat like an action movie, in which Jesus is swift and precise in serving, healing, and teaching. May this book of action remind you God is working in your life right now.

And speaking of God at work, get a glimpse of what He’s done in Africa over the years. Enjoy the message from a fellow Bible Bus traveler in Zimbabwe.

As always, we’ve got your seat saved on the Bible Bus.

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/1021mcgee.142402.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

The Gospel of Action

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

One of the first New Testament books to be written was the Gospel of Mark. Though John Mark was not an apostle, he traveled with Paul and his uncle, Barnabas, on the first missionary journey.  By far, John Mark’s closest relationship was with Simon Peter. This Gospel has long been considered Simon Peter’s account, as told to John Mark. Some have said the facts of the Gospel are from Peter and the explanations are from Paul.

John Mark specifically wrote this Gospel for the Roman mind—the strong man who ruled the world for a millennium. The Romans brought a forced peace to the world with its strong dictatorship and—with it—justice, good roads, law and order, and protection. In the days when the Caesars ruled, the world longed for mercy and all they got was power. No man dared resist it, and fleeing the realm was impossible. It was in that day God sent a message to the Gentile world through the writer, John Mark.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-y/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/1021global.142551.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

The Early Years of Radio in Africa

Ray Alary remembers the days when he served THRU the BIBLE in his role at Trans World Radio

“It is the third Sunday night of the month. I’m living in South Africa, packing my two suitcases with just two items: rice and cooking oil. My routine is the same every month. I’ll spend a week with my TWR team in Zimbabwe. Life is difficult there, to say the least, so I do my best to make sure our small team has something to eat.

“Thru the Bible has been the cornerstone of radio ministry to Zimbabwe for almost 30 years. In the darkest days it was many people’s church, also the Bible school for lay pastors who had no formal training. When the country didn’t have electricity (often), it was the light in total darkness."

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-j/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/Mark-Bible-Companion.145646.png>

Mark Bible Companion

What makes Mark’s Gospel unique from the others? The difference is in the details. Mark, telling the disciple Peter’s story, gives a private glimpse of how Jesus served.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-t/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/1021wpt.145258.jpg>

World Prayer Today

“Never did I imagine that one day I would engage a group of people in my locality to study the Bible. In fact, like Moses, I didn’t want to lead at first; but now I thank God for giving me this great privilege."

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-i/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/Whystudy.145727.png>

Mark

“In Mark's Gospel, Jesus lays aside the regal robes of kingship and girds Himself with the towel of service. He is King in Matthew's Gospel; now He is God’s Servant.” –Dr. J. Vernon McGee

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-d/> > Why study Mark?

  <http://i6.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/WhatsHappeningatTTB.145859.jpg>

Blue Letter Bible

Congratulations to our ministry partner, Blueletterbible.org, on 25 years of online ministry!

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/1021harris.150115.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

How can I most effectively be involved in taking the whole Word to the whole world? That's the kind of question I love to answer. But the answer may surprise you.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-k/> > Read Gregg's letter

  <http://i8.cmail19.com/ei/r/6B/87D/8E2/csimport/2021-Oct.150615.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-u/> > Download the newsletter

 Get, Read, Join, Help <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-o/> Download Notes

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-b/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Reading Schedule

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-n/> Praying hands

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-p/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-m/> Globe

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-c/> Partner today.

 Mail <http://i1.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
 Phone <http://i5.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)  Website <http://i6.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-q/> TTB.org  email <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-a/> Facebook <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-f/> Twitter <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-z/> YouTube <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-v/> Instagram

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-treyhdl-idmkhdkih-e/> Thru the Bible

  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-o-treyhdl-idmkhdkih/o.gif>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.