[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: New Year's Predictions for 2022

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:20:19 UTC 2022

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:10 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: New Year's Predictions for 2022

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=052429ef-d4ac-4c92-a1d0-8d5a0e340d7a&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

January 5, 2022

Good Morning Everyone:

When I think about America's thirst for money and material

possessions, I recall a story I once read. Here it is as I remember it.

Hope it gets my point across:

       MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!

In 1923 , eight of the wealthiest men in America met at the Edgewater

Beach Hotel in Chicago. The group included the head of one of the

world's greatest monopolies, one of the most successful speculators

on Wall Street, a former president of the largest U.S. Steel company,

a past chairman of one of the country's largest utility companies, a

past president of the New York Stock Exchange, a future president

of the Bank for International Settlements, and a past member of U.S. President Harding's cabinet. Together, the men were worth billions

of dollars and controlled more money than the U.S. Treasury did at

the time.

Well, money certainly didn't buy the multimillionaires happiness! Ivar Kreuger, who built a global matchbook empire, committed

suicide. Jessee Livermore, who was know at the "Great Bear of Wall

 Street" and was famous for building and then losing several multi-

million fortunes during the stock market crashes of 1907 and 1929,

killed himself in the cloakroom of a New York Hotel. Leon Fraser,

head of the Bank for international Settlements, also committed

suicide. Charles M. Schwab, the American steel magnate, died a

pauper after blowing through a fortune that would have been worth

an estimated five hundred million dollars today! Samuel Insull,

chairman of Commonwealth Edison Company, was acquitted of

bilking investors and died of a heart attack after losing most of his

fortune.

The other three men---Associated Gas and Electric Utility president

Howard Hopson, New York Stock Exchange president Richard

Whitney, and former U.S. Secretary of the Interior, Albert Fall---

served prison sentences before their deaths!

This story reminds me that money and power won't bring you

happiness. There are plenty of modern day examples of millionaires

and billionaires blowing through their fortunes through lavish spending

and irresponsible stewardship. We see this everyday in Hollywood and professional sports. Most people, even those who win the big lotteries,

don't know how to handle their newly found fortunes.These people

don't have a lot of discipline in their lives, there is no Jesus, and so

they spend millions of dollars in a very short time. (The average

$100 million dollar lottery winner is back to the same place they were

when they won the lottery in less than 7 years!!!)

They burn out and end up broke and destitute and are left thinking,

What in the world happened? Well they got caught up in the rat race

of extravagant living and didn't make sound decisions about their lives. Remember Money can be here today and gone tomorrow.

The truth is that God owns everything and everything we receive

comes from Him!!! God is the one who created all of the earth, and

all in it belongs to Him.We might have to work hard to earn a living,

but God is the one who gives us the health and strength to complete

our jobs! Our goal in life is to live below our means and be content

with what God has given us!

There is a big difference between necessities and desires. Managing

money isn't hard. Before you buy some thing, whether it 's a new

TV, Computer, car, or shirt, ask yourself one question: "Do I really

need this?" Is it a necessity or a luxury? It is much wiser to save

for emergencies and unforeseen expenses, and give generously to

the church and other charitable organizations. Our hearts should

ALWAYS be on the lookout for how we can help the people who

need it most!!

When are we going to learn that money won't solve all of our ills?

First Timothy 6:6-7 says: Godliness with contentment is great

gain. For we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing

out of it." You can amass fortune while you are living on earth,

but trust me, you are not taking any of it with you!!!

Learn the secret of godliness without contentment. Life isn't about

how much you make. When you die, they are going to put on your

best clothes and then others are going to fight over what you

amassed!!!

Advice, save your money, buy only what you need, give generously,

and most important, prepare yourself for God's inheritance! Take

time to love your family and friends.

Much love and HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=052429ef-d4ac-4c92-a1d0-8d5a0e340d7a> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&pn=ROVING&nav=052429ef-d4ac-4c92-a1d0-8d5a0e340d7a> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&pn=ROVING&nav=052429ef-d4ac-4c92-a1d0-8d5a0e340d7a> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.