[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] God Uses The Humble by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:13:38 UTC 2022

Some time ago I partnered with Michael W. Smith for a ministry weekend. The
retreat was held at a beautiful facility in North Carolina owned by the
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Michael and I met to go over the
weekend schedule, but he had just met with Billy Graham, and he was so
moved that he hardly discussed the retreat. The ninety-four-year-old
evangelist told Michael that he hoped his name would not be mentioned at
his funeral. “What?” Michael asked. “I hope only that the name of the Lord
Jesus be lifted up.”

Billy Graham preached to hundreds of millions of people. He advised every
U.S. president from Truman to Obama. Yet he didn’t want to be mentioned at
his own funeral. Proverbs 22:4 says, “Humility is the fear of the Lord; its
wages are riches and honor and life.”

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."