[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 28

Donnie Parrett deparrett at prtcnet.org
Fri Jan 28 01:35:20 UTC 2022

DONNIE DAILY GEMS FOR FRIDAY JANUARY 28

WORD OF WISDOM

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their
motives questioned!

___

DAILY DEVOTION

Keep your Childish Point of View!

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going
to take over my yard.
Kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff, you can wish on.

When I look at a homeless person and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty
person who probably wants money and I look away.
Kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much
rhythm so I sit self consciously and listen.
Kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't
know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up
my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
Kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to
the ground laughing.

When I pray I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
Kids say, "Hi God!!! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad
dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss
my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and clothes and
dirty carpets.
Kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross and worms to play
with.

Sometimes, I wonder if we are given kids to teach ... or to learn from?
No wonder Jesus loves the little children!!

___

DAILY BIBLE READING

Exodus 34-36 New King James Version
Moses Makes New Tablets
34 And the Lord said to Moses, "Cut two tablets of stone like the first
ones, and I will write on these tablets the words that were on the first
tablets which you broke. 2 So be ready in the morning, and come up in the
morning to Mount Sinai, and present yourself to Me there on the top of the
mountain. 3 And no man shall come up with you, and let no man be seen
throughout all the mountain; let neither flocks nor herds feed before that
mountain."

4 So he cut two tablets of stone like the first ones. Then Moses rose early
in the morning and went up Mount Sinai, as the Lord had commanded him; and
he took in his hand the two tablets of stone.

5 Now the Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and
proclaimed the name of the Lord. 6 And the Lord passed before him and
proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering,
and abounding in goodness and truth, 7 keeping mercy for thousands,
forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the
guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the
children's children to the third and the fourth generation."

8 So Moses made haste and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped. 9
Then he said, "If now I have found grace in Your sight, O Lord, let my Lord,
I pray, go among us, even though we are a stiff-necked[a] people; and pardon
our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your inheritance."

The Covenant Renewed
10 And He said: "Behold, I make a covenant. Before all your people I will do
[b]marvels such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation;
and all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the Lord. For it
is an awesome thing that I will do with you. 11 Observe what I command you
this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the
Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.
12 Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of
the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. 13 But you
shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their
wooden images 14 (for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose
name is Jealous, is a jealous God), 15 lest you make a covenant with the
inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods and make
sacrifice to their gods, and one of them invites you and you eat of his
sacrifice, 16 and you take of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters
play the harlot with their gods and make your sons play the harlot with
their gods.

17 "You shall make no molded gods for yourselves.

18 "The Feast of Unleavened Bread you shall keep. Seven days you shall eat
unleavened bread, as I commanded you, in the appointed time of the month of
Abib; for in the month of Abib you came out from Egypt.

19 "All [c]that open the womb are Mine, and every male firstborn among your
livestock, whether ox or sheep. 20 But the firstborn of a donkey you shall
redeem with a lamb. And if you will not redeem him, then you shall break his
neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.

"And none shall appear before Me empty-handed.

21 "Six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; in
plowing time and in harvest you shall rest.

22 "And you shall observe the Feast of Weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat
harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the year's end.

23 "Three times in the year all your men shall appear before the Lord, the
Lord God of Israel. 24 For I will cast out the nations before you and
enlarge your borders; neither will any man covet your land when you go up to
appear before the Lord your God three times in the year.

25 "You shall not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leaven, nor shall the
sacrifice of the Feast of the Passover be left until morning.

26 "The first of the firstfruits of your land you shall bring to the house
of the Lord your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk."

27 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write these words, for according to the
tenor of these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." 28 So
he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread
nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the
[d]Ten Commandments.

The Shining Face of Moses
29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets
of the Testimony were in Moses' hand when he came down from the mountain),
that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with
Him. 30 So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the
skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. 31 Then Moses
called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned to
him; and Moses talked with them. 32 Afterward all the children of Israel
came near, and he gave them as commandments all that the Lord had spoken
with him on Mount Sinai. 33 And when Moses had finished speaking with them,
he put a veil on his face. 34 But whenever Moses went in before the Lord to
speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out; and he would
come out and speak to the children of Israel whatever he had been commanded.
35 And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin
of Moses' face shone, then Moses would put the veil on his face again, until
he went in to speak with Him.

Sabbath Regulations
35 Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel
together, and said to them, "These are the words which the Lord has
commanded you to do: 2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day
shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any
work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your
dwellings on the Sabbath day."

Offerings for the Tabernacle
4 And Moses spoke to all the congregation of the children of Israel, saying,
"This is the thing which the Lord commanded, saying: 5 'Take from among you
an offering to the Lord. Whoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it as
an offering to the Lord: gold, silver, and bronze; 6 blue, purple, and
scarlet thread, fine linen, and goats' hair; 7 ram skins dyed red, badger
skins, and acacia wood; 8 oil for the light, and spices for the anointing
oil and for the sweet incense; 9 onyx stones, and stones to be set in the
ephod and in the breastplate.

Articles of the Tabernacle
10 'All who are gifted artisans among you shall come and make all that the
Lord has commanded: 11 the tabernacle, its tent, its covering, its clasps,
its boards, its bars, its pillars, and its sockets; 12 the ark and its
poles, with the mercy seat, and the veil of the covering; 13 the table and
its poles, all its utensils, and the showbread; 14 also the lampstand for
the light, its utensils, its lamps, and the oil for the light; 15 the
incense altar, its poles, the anointing oil, the sweet incense, and the
screen for the door at the entrance of the tabernacle; 16 the altar of burnt
offering with its bronze grating, its poles, all its utensils, and the laver
and its base; 17 the hangings of the court, its pillars, their sockets, and
the screen for the gate of the court; 18 the pegs of the tabernacle, the
pegs of the court, and their cords; 19 the [e]garments of ministry, for
ministering in the holy place-the holy garments for Aaron the priest and the
garments of his sons, to minister as priests.' "

The Tabernacle Offerings Presented
20 And all the congregation of the children of Israel departed from the
presence of Moses. 21 Then everyone came whose heart [f]was stirred, and
everyone whose spirit was willing, and they brought the Lord's offering for
the work of the tabernacle of meeting, for all its service, and for the holy
garments. 22 They came, both men and women, as many as had a willing heart,
and brought earrings and nose rings, rings and necklaces, all jewelry of
gold, that is, every man who made an offering of gold to the Lord. 23 And
every man, with whom was found blue, purple, and scarlet thread, fine linen,
and goats' hair, red skins of rams, and [g]badger skins, brought them. 24
Everyone who offered an offering of silver or bronze brought the Lord's
offering. And everyone with whom was found acacia wood for any work of the
service, brought it. 25 All the women who were gifted artisans spun yarn
with their hands, and brought what they had spun, of blue, purple, and
scarlet, and fine linen. 26 And all the women whose hearts [h]stirred with
wisdom spun yarn of goats' hair. 27 The rulers brought onyx stones, and the
stones to be set in the ephod and in the breastplate, 28 and spices and oil
for the light, for the anointing oil, and for the sweet incense. 29 The
children of Israel brought a freewill offering to the Lord, all the men and
women whose hearts were willing to bring material for all kinds of work
which the Lord, by the hand of Moses, had commanded to be done.

The Artisans Called by God
30 And Moses said to the children of Israel, "See, the Lord has called by
name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; 31 and
He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and understanding, in
knowledge and all manner of workmanship, 32 to design artistic works, to
work in gold and silver and bronze, 33 in cutting jewels for setting, in
carving wood, and to work in all manner of artistic workmanship.

34 "And He has put in his heart the ability to teach, in him and Aholiab the
son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan. 35 He has filled them with skill to
do all manner of work of the engraver and the designer and the tapestry
maker, in blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine linen, and of the
weaver-those who do every work and those who design artistic works.

Building the Tabernacle
36 "And Bezalel and Aholiab, and every gifted artisan in whom the Lord has
put wisdom and understanding, to know how to do all manner of work for the
service of the sanctuary,[i] shall do according to all that the Lord has
commanded."

The People Give More than Enough
2 Then Moses called Bezalel and Aholiab, and every gifted artisan in whose
heart the Lord had put wisdom, everyone whose heart [j]was stirred, to come
and do the work. 3 And they received from Moses all the offering which the
children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of making the
sanctuary. So they continued bringing to him freewill offerings every
morning. 4 Then all the craftsmen who were doing all the work of the
sanctuary came, each from the work he was doing, 5 and they spoke to Moses,
saying, "The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work
which the Lord commanded us to do."

6 So Moses gave a commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed
throughout the camp, saying, "Let neither man nor woman do any more work for
the offering of the sanctuary." And the people were restrained from
bringing, 7 for the material they had was sufficient for all the work to be
done-indeed too much.

Building the Tabernacle
8 Then all the gifted artisans among them who worked on the tabernacle made
ten curtains woven of fine linen, and of blue, purple, and scarlet thread;
with artistic designs of cherubim they made them. 9 The length of each
curtain was twenty-eight cubits, and the width of each curtain four cubits;
the curtains were all the same size. 10 And he coupled five curtains to one
another, and the other five curtains he coupled to one another. 11 He made
loops of blue yarn on the edge of the curtain on the selvedge of one set;
likewise he did on the outer edge of the other curtain of the second set. 12
Fifty loops he made on one curtain, and fifty loops he made on the edge of
the curtain on the end of the second set; the loops held one curtain to
another. 13 And he made fifty clasps of gold, and coupled the curtains to
one another with the clasps, that it might be one tabernacle.

14 He made curtains of goats' hair for the tent over the tabernacle; he made
eleven curtains. 15 The length of each curtain was thirty cubits, and the
width of each curtain four cubits; the eleven curtains were the same size.
16 He coupled five curtains by themselves and six curtains by themselves. 17
And he made fifty loops on the edge of the curtain that is outermost in one
set, and fifty loops he made on the edge of the curtain of the second set.
18 He also made fifty bronze clasps to couple the tent together, that it
might be one. 19 Then he made a covering for the tent of ram skins dyed red,
and a covering of [k]badger skins above that.

20 For the tabernacle he made boards of acacia wood, standing upright. 21
The length of each board was ten cubits, and the width of each board a cubit
and a half. 22 Each board had two [l]tenons for binding one to another. Thus
he made for all the boards of the tabernacle. 23 And he made boards for the
tabernacle, twenty boards for the south side. 24 Forty sockets of silver he
made to go under the twenty boards: two sockets under each of the boards for
its two tenons. 25 And for the other side of the tabernacle, the north side,
he made twenty boards 26 and their forty sockets of silver: two sockets
under each of the boards. 27 For the west side of the tabernacle he made six
boards. 28 He also made two boards for the two back corners of the
tabernacle. 29 And they were coupled at the bottom and [m]coupled together
at the top by one ring. Thus he made both of them for the two corners. 30 So
there were eight boards and their sockets-sixteen sockets of silver-two
sockets under each of the boards.

31 And he made bars of acacia wood: five for the boards on one side of the
tabernacle, 32 five bars for the boards on the other side of the tabernacle,
and five bars for the boards of the tabernacle on the far side westward. 33
And he made the middle bar to pass through the boards from one end to the
other. 34 He overlaid the boards with gold, made their rings of gold to be
holders for the bars, and overlaid the bars with gold.

35 And he made a veil of blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven
linen; it was worked with an artistic design of cherubim. 36 He made for it
four pillars of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold, with their hooks
of gold; and he cast four sockets of silver for them.

37 He also made a screen for the tabernacle door, of blue, purple, and
scarlet thread, and fine woven linen, made by a [n]weaver, 38 and its five
pillars with their hooks. And he overlaid their capitals and their rings
with gold, but their five sockets were bronze.

Footnotes
Exodus 34:9 stubborn
Exodus 34:10 wonderful acts
Exodus 34:19 the firstborn
Exodus 34:28 Lit. Ten Words
Exodus 35:19 Or woven garments
Exodus 35:21 Lit. lifted him up
Exodus 35:23 Or dolphin
Exodus 35:26 Lit. lifted them up
Exodus 36:1 holy place
Exodus 36:2 lifted him up
Exodus 36:19 Or dolphin
Exodus 36:22 Projections for joining, lit. hands
Exodus 36:29 Lit. doubled
Exodus 36:37 Lit. variegator, a weaver in colors