[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] O Love That Wilt Not Let Go by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:29:20 UTC 2022

George Matheson was a teenager when doctors told him he was going blind. He
graduated from the University of Glasgow in 1861. By the time he finished
graduate seminary studies, he was sightless. His fiancée returned his
engagement ring with a note: “I cannot see my way clear to go through life
bound by the chains of marriage to a blind man.”

Matheson adapted to his sightless world but never quite recovered from his
broken heart. He became a powerful and poetic pastor, led a full and
inspiring life, turning to the unending love of God for comfort. He penned
these words: “O love that wilt not let me go, I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe, that in thine ocean depths its flow may
richer, fuller be.” The love of people may come and go. But God’s love – it
never leaves.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."