[Ohio-talk] Useful free service

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Fri Dec 5 18:08:44 UTC 2008

This information is good. You can dial the number and check yourself.

Leave it to Google to come up with something like this
Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone or your home phone speed
dial: 1-800-4664-411.

This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are
on the road.
Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time
manually dialing the number.

I am driving along in my car, and I need to call the golf course, and I
don't
know the number.

I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed. The voice at
the other end says, 'City &State.'

I say, ' Garland , Texas .' He says, 'Business, Name or Type of Service.'
I say, Firewheel Golf Course.'

He says, 'Connecting' and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that?
This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!