[Ohio-talk] Vibrant Chapters

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Wed Apr 8 13:42:49 UTC 2009

I agree with Colleen. I believe we have everyone signed up to receive the
Braille Monitor if we had a format. I know we have all the Toledo people in
the Ohio database, which means that they will receive the newsletter. It is
always a bit tricky to walk the line between wanting to do things the way
they have always been done and embracing the new just because it is new. We
have learned things the hard way in the past, and new people always have
things to offer that we haven't thought of. I urge those on both sides of
this continuum to keep an open mind about the views of the other side. This
is the way chapters manage to remain solidly anchored in our tradition of
commitment to high expectations and belief in blind people and open to new
truths and realities.

Good luck to you all,
Barbara