[Ohio-talk] State Convention Theme

Dr. Smith jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
Tue Aug 4 21:01:27 UTC 2009

The theme of this years State Convention will be The Nature Of Independence.

Of course it is based on that great speech by Dr. Jernigan and it should allow us to look at the topic of independence from a variety of perspectives.

Please if you have not done so recently, read the speech and be thinking about how we can address it as positively and proactively as possible.

We are in the early stages of planning the agenda so if you have idea's get them to me as soon as possible.

Remember that the Convention will take place at the Ramada Plaza located at 4900 Sinclair in Columbus from October 30th through November 1st.

The Board meeting will be at 9 on the morning of Friday October 30th so make your plans to join us.

Call 614.846.0300 and make your room reservations for the great rate of 72 dollars per night

The banquet will be on Halloween evening and perhaps some of us should consider dressing the part in fact, I might!

JW

Dr. J. Webster Smith
President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
Phone Number - 740-592-6326
"Changing What it Means to be Blind"