[Ohio-talk] Any AdviceAppreciated

Melannen amara mindhealer at bex.net
Mon Aug 24 22:06:37 UTC 2009

Hi All on this list!
I have not posted much but I read all of your posts... I am having a bit
of trouble at work and wondered if any of you had any suggestions.  It
came to my attention through a friend at work, who actually works in a
totally different dept than myself and in a totally different area of
the office building as well, that someone had decided that my guide dog
needed to have flee powder sprinkled on her.  One coworker apparently
brought it in then gave it to another coworker who sat across from Hazel
and myself, and she apparently sprinkled this flee powder on Hazel when
I was paying attention to my work and not to what was going on just mere
feet... maybe inches from me!! I understand from individuals who work
with me that this woman who put the powder on Hazel, was quite upset
that she was moved over by hazel and me. I got two different stories.
One was that this woman was allergic to dogs, and the other, from the
woman's own mouth, that she had a fear of dogs so that's why she was
uncomfortable with this arrangement. My question is if she is afraid of
dogs, why or how could she get near the dog in order to put flee powder
on her??  If she's allergic, I would think the same question holds true.
She told me the bit about having a fear of dogs when I found out that
this incident occurred. I'm just thinking that something should be done
about this but I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done. I was
wondering if any of you had any advice for me in this matter.
Thanks for reading this letter.

Sincerely,
Amy Rye and Hazel.
Ps. There were no adverse reactions to this flee powder, but what if
there had been? What will it be next time?? These are a few of my
concerns.