[Ohio-talk] Advice on Dog Treatment

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Tue Aug 25 02:40:24 UTC 2009

Hi Amy,
I am afraid of dogs and also allergic to them. I would not put flea powder on one because that is not appropriate. If the person really thought your dog had fleas she should have said this directly to you. I am sure you would have checked with your vet. I know that people use Topical Meds on their ets. I do on my cats even though they are inside cats.
Your dog stays where you tell her to stay, at least that has been my experience at Chapter Meetings. If this lady is truly afraid of dogs and it affects her concentration she needs to see about one of you moving.
You have a right to have your dog at work. I guess I would just say in General Conversation that your dog gets topical treatments if that is indeed the case. You could just say it within her hearing.
Do consider her feelings if she is truly afraid of Hazel. Just make sure that Hazel does not brush against her or come in close contact.
You also have to consider whether the person who gave you this information is credible.
That really took a lot of nerve on your coworker's part is edid apply the flea powder. Believe me, I wouldn' gett close to a dog.
Colleen Roth