[Ohio-talk] Fw: College Textbook Affordability Acts

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 14:43:41 UTC 2009

I have read this thread with deep interest. I am reading it backwards since
I am catching up after being away. Peggy Elliott's articles in the Monitor
about supervising readers are the best thing out there to help students
master this quickly fading skill. We all need readers sometimes, and
sometimes they are the most efficient method of getting things done. I think
what all of us who have been at this for a while are saying is that blind
students have every right to want things in their preferred medium, but we
don't always get what we want. One of the things that makes us good
employees is that we have to be flexible to succeed.
Barbara