[Ohio-talk] Fw: College Textbook Affordability Acts

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 14:54:06 UTC 2009

I don't think anyone is saying settle for readers, but we are also saying
don't settle for always having to wait for an accessible form of the text.
Yes, they should be available. But the student is the only one who loses
when the book is not there and he or she does not have access to alternative
methods of getting at the material. It becomes a matter of cutting off one's
nose to spite one's face when the student is the only one who loses if the
publisher does not come through in time. Again, that is not to say that we
shouldn't fight for the accessible texts. We should, and in fact, we are.
Barbara