[Ohio-talk] Scleral shell question

Beth Debus mbdebus at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 15:58:52 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, do any of you have/know someone who has a scleral shell. I'm trying to find someone who uses the shell with very sensitive eyes. Yesterday I went to get my shell, and the ocularist couldn't get it in my eye, because of the sensitivity. The ocularist suggested a surgery to freeze the nervesin the front of my eye. I would like to avoid this if possible. I can't find any info on why the shell doesn't work for some people.

I'm not sure if questions like this follow the rules of this dicussion board, so I hope this is okay.

Beth