[Ohio-talk] international roaming and your cell phone at convention

Barb Fohl barbfohl at pobox.com
Fri Jun 19 22:04:02 UTC 2009

Thanks, Deborah.  Based on your email message to Ohio Talk, I called Verizon again to ask them to put a note in my record as they did for you, as well as updating my roaming capabilities with *228.  They told me to update again when I arrive in Detroit.  Then I should either call them when I use the phone and ask them to check if it has switched to roaming, or wait until I receive my statement when I get home and call them if there are international roaming fees on it.  Just to be on the safe side, then, those of you who have Verizon may want to wait until you get to Detroit to update.