[Ohio-talk] Fw: Thank You, for the birthday call

Dr. Smith jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
Tue May 5 13:52:01 UTC 2009


I don't think so but I'll keep you posted.

JW

Dr. J. Webster Smith
President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
Phone Number - 740-592-6326
"Changing What it Means to be Blind"
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Deborah Kendrick" <dkkendrick at earthlink.net>
To: "NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List" <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] Fw: Thank You, for the birthday call


> Wow.  JW, thanks for sharing this truly encouraging message.  Is he coming
> to convention?
> Deborah
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Dr. Smith" <jwsmithnfb at verizon.net>
> To: "NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List" <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
> Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 4:50 PM
> Subject: [Ohio-talk] Fw: Thank You, for the birthday call
>
>
>
> I thought you might find this response interesting to one of my cold calls
> to one of the recipients of our free cane offer so read on if you are
> interested.
>
> JW
>
> Dr. J. Webster Smith
> President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
> P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
> Phone Number - 740-592-6326
> "Changing What it Means to be Blind"
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: Eric Riddle
> To: jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
> Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 2:27 PM
> Subject: Thank You, for the birthday call
>
>
> Dear Dr. J. W. Smith,
>
> Thank you for calling me yesterday May 3, 2009, yes it was my birthday and
> the first as being recognized as being legally blind. Yes, I received my
> free white cane, thank you, and I am practicing with it.
>
> After two years I am finally getting some assistance from SS and mostly my
> problems (I think you asked about this in your call) are of a financial
> nature. I have racked up a good bit of debt living on my credit cards 
> since
> April of 2007, and paying past bills plus current bills leaves me with
> little to no funds to replace wall clocks, alarm clocks, phones, get a
> larger pc monitor etc. It is pretty overwhelming what I could get to help
> myself from light bulbs to a large print scrabble game and I am trying to
> prioritize my items.
>
> In trying to help myself (and others) I put together a list:
> NE Ohio assistance programs for the blind (my sight center caseworker had 
> 4
> of these I found the rest)
> http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dg789j94_4hftqcvjq
>
> And spent over a week researching hand held cctv video magnifiers
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg789j94_3ct6g5zdr&hl=en
>
>
> Which I tried to format as bobby accessible and ran through WAVE
> accessibility checker and had no hits on the accessibility, but what 
> google
> uses for coding oh my
>
> Please feel free to link to them if you think they are useful
>
> Again, thanks for the call out of the blue; without any family and few
> friends it was nice to hear.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eric Riddle
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ohio-talk mailing list
> Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> Ohio-talk:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/dkkendrick%40earthlink.net
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ohio-talk mailing list
> Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
> Ohio-talk:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/jwsmithnfb%40verizon.net
> 






More information about the Ohio-talk mailing list