[Ohio-talk] Announcement for guide dog users

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Wed May 13 14:22:13 UTC 2009

The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) is a strong and proud
division of the National Federation of the Blind. One of the most important
characteristics of the NFB is our unity. Since every Chapter and Division of
the NFB is a part of the whole, membership in the Federation is conferred on
everyone who joins any Chapter or Division. Our cohesiveness is what makes
us strong!

            The Board of Directors of the National Association of Guide Dog
Users, with the approval of the membership, is implementing a new membership
and dues policy that takes effect immediately. Under this policy, all
members of affiliate associations of guide dog users are automatically
members of the National Association of Guide Dog Users and no additional
dues are required from them. Furthermore, dues for those who do not have an
affiliate association can join NAGTDU for only $5.00, reduced from the
previous dues of $15.00. In addition, you can now pay your dues on-line
through Pay Pal using an electronic check or by credit/debit card.

            To pay your dues by Pay Pal (you don't need a Pay Pal account to
do this), simply go to

https://www.paypal.com <https://www.paypal.com/>

click on "send Money", and follow the prompts using the address

Treasurer at NFB-NAGDU.ORG

Of Course, if you wish to send your dues in the mail, you can make your
check or money order (please do not send cash!) in the amount of $5.00 per
person payable to "NAGDU" and send it to

Antoinette (Toni) Whaley, Treasurer

134 Sutton Road

Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

            The Board of Directors believes that this new policy will make
the National Association of Guide Dog Users even stronger and more effective
as we work to educate the public on issues of guide dog handling while
enhancing the lives of the blind in the United States. Watch for more
information on the exciting, dynamic, unique initiatives of the National
Association of Guide Dog Users. For more information, please feel free to
get in touch with me. You can reach me directly at 813-626-2789 or toll-free
at 800-558-8261. You may also write to me by email to

President at nfb-nagdu.org

Or in any format to

Marion Gwizdala-Schoch, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users

National Federation of the Blind

1003 Papaya Drive

Tampa, FL 33619

Together we are changing what it means to be blind!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala-Schoch, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) National Federation of the
Blind