[Ohio-talk] Contacts for saving the Cincinnati Library for the Blind

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Mon May 25 00:01:20 UTC 2009

OK, it has taken me an inordinate amount of time, but I have pulled together
the information we need to move forward.

First, here is the list of 33 counties served by the Cincinnati Library:
      Adams

      Athens

      Belmont

      Brown

      Butler

      Clark

      Clermont

      Clinton

      Fairfield

      Fayette

      Gallia

      Greene

      Hamilton

      Highland

      Hocking

      Jackson

      Lawrence

      Madison

      Meigs

      Miami

      Monroe

      Montgomery

      Morgan

      Muskingham

      Noble

      Perry

      Pickaway

      Pike

      Preble

      Ross

      Scioto

      Vinton

      Warren

      Washington

Next, if you are in one of these counties, identify yourself as such, but
even if you aren't, this affects all library patrons throughout the state,
and you should say so.

Attached to this message is a list -- as best I could cobble together -- of
the members of the finance committee.  First, you will find the list of
names.  Then, the list with contact information following.  After each name
information comes in this order:  Party; District number; phone; assistance
staff; email.

The members identified by Senator Kearny in our meeting as definitely being
from Cincinnati or Dayton area are:  Bill Seitz; Tom Neihaus; Gary Cates;
when you look at the list of counties served by Chariman John Carey, I
believe some you'll see that some of those are in our 33-county list as
well.

I was able to discern areas for a few others, as you'll see, but I'm afraid
I don't know how to figure out from district numbers which counties are
served.

I do believe this is an excellent beginning for us.

Please email and phone all or any of them, and encourage everyone you know
to do the same.

Sincerely,

Deborah