[Ohio-talk] Fw: Special Request for Help

wanda sloan wsloan4 at woh.rr.com
Wed Nov 11 01:47:22 UTC 2009

As I remember, in 2000, I was chosen to go to the
March On Washington.  As I disembarked from the commuter plane, , the
weather was cold and I had to go down some steps.  The railing was
unconventional which was short from the last step.  As the gentleman let my
hand go I tripped on the final step and fell on to the tarmac.  Of course I
was about 150 lbs. heaver than I am now.  I twisted my leg.  The hotel was
called ahead and Barbara Pierce was contacted.  My Cain broke and I was not
sure what to do.  When I hobbled into the lobby and went to the desk , I was
given a Cain.  I got to my room and changed my clothing to go to the dinner.
When I got to the banquet, I did not know that I was placed directly across
from Barbara Pierce.  Neither one of us knew until after the guest speaker
had finished, that we were at the same table.  We hugged and Barbara showed
me around the hotel just as if she actually had sight.  Needless to say, was
I impressed.