[Ohio-talk] Video Opp to Share Your Faith - and Some Truths

Everett Gavel everettgavel at att.net
Sun Apr 4 21:23:19 UTC 2010

Hello Vincent, and All,

The word faith means different things to different
people, if you think about it -- which I did for awhile
before deciding to post.

Me, my faith is in Christ.  A Buddhist has faith in
their god.  Muslims have faith in theirs.  Secularists,
or Atheists, or whatever group you may choose, have
their own faith.  To be so forceful in the fact that
there is not some God out there, takes a faith in
itself.  So atheists, for example, do also have some
sort of faith.

My point for sharing this here, and I'd do it again
because it's the most relevant list I'm a part of (not
being subbed to the Faith-Talk or NABS or even the OABS
lists), is that anyone under age 25 wishing to talk
about whatever their faith is, could also easily put
forth some of the truths of blindness at the same time,
without hardly trying.  Does that make sense?  It does
to me.  And for this list, and this organization as a
whole, a huge part of it is about better educating the
public about the simple truths of blindness.  What I
shared is merely an easy opportunity to do that, while
fulfilling the requirements asked for at the same time.

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend, your
Easter holiday, or your afternoon, whichever you have
chosen to focus on.  (smile)

Strive On,
Everett