[Ohio-talk] proclimation from Dayton city council

Richard rchpay7 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 15 20:20:33 UTC 2010

>From the Office of the Mayor

The City of Dayton, Ohio

                                                WHEREAS, On July 26, 1990,
President George H. Bush signed
into law the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to ensure
the civil rights of people with disabilities. This legislation
established a clear and comprehensive national mandate for
the elimination of discrimination against individuals with
disabilities; and

                                                WHEREAS, The ADA has
expanded opportunities for
Americans with disabilities by reducing barriers and changing
perceptions, increasing full participation in community life.
However, the full promise of the ADA will only be reached if
public entities remain committed in their efforts to fully
implement the ADA; and

                                                WHEREAS, On the 20th
anniversary of the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the City of Dayton celebrates and recognizes
the progress that has been made by reaffirming the principals
of equality and inclusion and recommitting our efforts to reach
full ADA compliance; and

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gary D. Leitzell, Mayor of the City of      Dayton, do
hereby affirm our commitment to work for full

        AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT

compliance in Dayton.

IN  WITNESS  WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and  caused the  Seal of
the  City of Dayton  to  be  affixed   this  13th day  of July, 2010.

                                                            Gary D. Leitzell

                                                            Mayor of the
City of Dayton