[Ohio-talk] The Zanesville Meeting

Dr. Smith jwsmithnfb at verizon.net
Tue Jun 15 23:39:00 UTC 2010

I thought that we had a productive meeting in Zanesville on Saturday June 12th and we certainly had a good turn out.

We should all be proud of our President their Richard McConnell because it was clear that he has the respect and visibility needed to get the job done in that community.

He just  needs some committed followers andd dependable members to help and don't we all!

We got some verbal commitments from some of the attendees about continued support of the chapter and Richard will be holding a meeting in August to really find out who is willing to put their money and time where their mouthves are and were.

We will be circulating the names and contact information from the meeting and doing all that we can to follow up and remind those in attendance about the proposed meeting in August.

Much thanks goes to our Membership Committee chair Richard Payne for organizing and taking the lead in this effort, it is a joy to watch him at work because he really is committed to chapter and individual development and increasing involvement at all levels of our affiliate.

Eric Duffy and Kelly prescott made excellent presentations as well but the highlight of the meeting was a presentation by the BSVI representative in that area.

Some of you might know Al Pauley who has been with BSVI for 22 years now and as he said on Saturday, "he has about 3 thousand days left before he retires."

I am not overstating it when I say that he gave the best BSVI presentation Ive ever heard and in fact, I told him that he should give it as often as he can and to as many audiences as is possible.

You had to be their but believe me, he defined the agency as clearly and effectively as I've ever heard and his delivery was well received and flawlessly executed!

Keep your fingers crossed for our family in Zanesville and I'll keep you updated.

jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith
President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
Phone Number - 740-592-6326
"Changing What it Means to be Blind"