[Ohio-talk] VE Day

Crystal McClain mcmcclain at charter.net
Sun May 9 01:08:05 UTC 2010

While we are thanking Mothers I would like to acknowledge that today May 8th is VE Day. On this day in 1945 we claimed victory in Europe. I was reminded of this several times today. At our Springfield Chapter meeting when two world war 2 veterans were present. We should all everyday thank the brave men and women of this country who fought for the freedom of this country. When I meet a world war 2 veteran I am never as proud to be an American. I just wish the memorial in their honor was in DC prior to my grandfather and father-in-laws death. Thanks for listening. Crystal