[Ohio-talk] ULVA Bulletin

eric duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Tue May 11 17:00:24 UTC 2010

The ULVA Bulletin

Welcome to the ULVA Bulletin.  In this publication, we will update you on
the exciting things that are happening at Universal Low Vision Aids, Inc.,
inform you of new and improved technology in our product line, and finally
encourage you to interact with us whenever we may be of assistance.  A new
issue of the ULVA Bulletin will be posted on www.ulva.com  by the 15th of
every month.

NEW LOCATION

By now we hope most of you know we have a new location.  Our new address is
1350 West 5th Avenue. Suite 112, Columbus, Ohio 43212.  The Atlas building
where we were located for many years has closed.  We miss our neighbors,
including, the Newsreel.

Our new location is very customer friendly.  It is accessible by COTA bus.
There are several restaurants within an easy walk, including Taco Bell, The
Noodle Company, Hoggy's, and Dairy Queen.  At this point, Dairy Queen is the
office favorite.

We now have three product demonstration areas, and two suites. The whole
space has a very nice feel.

SPECIAL OFFER

As a celebration of our move and customer appreciation, we are offering a
free ice cream cone from our near by Dairy Queen to anyone who comes in
during regular business hours by appointment. This offer will be available
for a limited time.

NEW STAFF

We would like to welcome Dan Hall to the ULVA family.  Dan is a retired UPS
driver.  He learns products quickly, and cares very much about matching
customers with the right products.  You will never get a high pressured
sales pitch from Dan.  Dan is a family man with a lovely wife, Jean, grown
children, and young grand children, of whom he is very proud.  He is also an
avid golfer.  We are pleased to have him working as our Outside Sales
Consultant.

We would also like to welcome Sameer Jindal as our Marketing Intern.  We
know that he is only going to be with us while he finishes his degree in
International Business and Marketing from The Ohio State University.  He is
enthusiastic, energetic, and excited to learn about our products.

NEW PRODUCTS

The world of assistive technology is constantly and rapidly changing.  There
are many new products to feature, but space limitations force us to
highlight only a few.

Envision America has released the I.D. Mate Summit.  This is a significantly
smaller version of the ID Mate Omni.  The bar code data base has been
updated as well.  Contact us to get more information on this product.

The BrailleNote Apex 18 BT and QT is now available.  Please visit
www.ulva.com or call us to learn more about these or any of the other
Humanware family of products.

New & Improved Pebble with a larger 4.3" high resolution LCD display, 28
Available viewing modes, and Adjustable magnification of 2x to 10x. Ask us
about the Enhanced Vision family of products.

DEMO ITEMS FOR SALE

Braille Sense - The Braille Sense is an assistive technology device designed
to allow visually impaired individuals access to personal applications.
(CDU) <http://www.ulva.com/sale-items/index.htm#CDU#CDU> . Now $3995.00 Was
$5995.00

DeskMate - This all in one video magnifier has close-up and distant
capabilities, combined with portability. (CDU)
<http://www.ulva.com/sale-items/index.htm#CDU#CDU>  Now From $ 995.00 Was
$2795.00

For more special pricing please visit:
http://www.ulva.com/sale-items/index.htm

WORD Scramble

We are concluding this issue with a word scramble.  The subject is Universal
Low Vision Aids Staff.  Anyone who correctly unscrambles the names of ULVA
staff members and submits the answers by the close of business on Thursday
June 17th will be entered into a drawing for $25 in store credit which must
be redeemed within 90 days.  Submit your answers to: custserv at ulva.com
<mailto:custserv at ulva.com>

1.  drakeepeg

2.  hadlanl

3.  myelowile

4.  sipedagese

5.  yhiistmncd

6.  curdeifyf

7.  naildmcurftni

8.  aaeegvnrp

To unsubscribe from this newsletter please click here
<mailto:workshops at ulva.com?subject=unsubscribe> .