[Ohio-talk] The Board Meeting Will Go On

Dr. JW Smith jwsmithnfb at frontier.com
Tue Sep 14 12:59:47 UTC 2010

NFB-O family, while I am sensitive to the shock and sadness now being experienced by all of us and especially the Miami Valley chapter, I firmly believe that Ron would be pleased that we had the Board meeting on Saturday.

In fact, I think it is so ironic that his service will be happening just as we are conducting the very important business of the NFB-O wich he spent most of his adult life involved with!

His spirit will be with us and I'm sure that we will all probably at some point, be able to hear him say, Here Here even on Saturday.

I do think that someone from the Miami Vally chapter should be in attendance to show our support and for Debbie, but I believe that we must have the Board meeting as we have too make plans for our upcoming Convention and it will be a great time in light of this sudden loss, too renew our effort to make equality, opportunity and security a reality for as many blind people in Ohio as possible.

Let me reiterate, I believe with all my heart that Ron would want it this way as well!

jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith
President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
P.O.BOX 458 Athens, Ohio, 45701-0458
Phone Number - 740-592-6326
"Changing What it Means to be Blind"