[Ohio-talk] cane travel instruction

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Thu Jun 23 20:20:05 UTC 2011

Hi Barb, and all,

I love hearing of people searching out services on
their own. Especially seniors not giving into any silly
embarrassment of the long white cane! ;-)

As for ideas, first, I don't know where Logan is, so
don't know if I could get a ride there to offer any
help or tips. You say Lancaster & "Southeast." My
geography anymore is poor. I'm thinking Lancaster is
south of Canton, down near New Philadelphia somewhere,
but am not sure. But if so, someone from these handful
of Northeast Ohio chapters could hopefully get down to
a Southeast area to help. Here's hoping, anyway, right?

I do remember one possible helpful idea. I'm sending
this back through to the list, Barb, as well as to you
as you asked. Because hopefully someone can give a lead
for this idea. Not sure if this man currently in the
nursing home is online, but a while back I remember
hearing of some online (?) video training materials
being used for teaching O&M. Not sure how well that
goes over, as I have yet to experience it myself. But,
I can envision such training offering help to a point,
definitely.  I'll ask around. I"m thinking the O&M
video training was associated with the AER, but may be
wrong.

Strive On--and Enjoy Orlando!
Everett