[Ohio-talk] 2012 NFB BELL Program?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Thu Nov 10 15:01:33 UTC 2011

Hi Emily, and All,

Thanks for the further description and help
understanding the program better. You said two things I
was personally looking for, which helped me:

You said, "...it was long enough to change attitudes
and instill a love of braille in children," and,
"...it's been found that while the NFB BELL program is
great for low vision kids who aren't necessarily
getting enough braille in their local schools, it's
also a great refresher course and way to introduce
positive philosophy to blind kids who know braille."

Additionally, I was reminded last night that my
soon-to-be stepdaughter Rebekah was in the CCB's teen
program this past summer, and for her week-long
work-program ended up working in Colorado's BELL
program -- and absolutely loved it. I'm going to be
getting more details from her today, as to why. ;-)

You also said, "...and it does make a difference in the
lives of blind children." That's what matters. That's
what it's all about. Thanks again.

I look forward to hearing more from this affiliate on
the BELL program. And all, please forgive me if this is
old news to you and we've discusssed it to death or
whatever. It's one of many great things the NFB is
doing, and sometimes things get bypassed in the
shuffle. This hit me last night in a way it hasn't
previously. It has my attention at the moment, and so
I'm inquiring further is all. I know we most likely
don't have any budget for it right now. But the future,
well, I'll leave that up to God. He knows what He
wants, and He knows what we need. ;-)

Thanks again, Ms. Gibbs.

Strive On!

Everett