[Ohio-talk] Eric & Malinda, and, Akron's '2011 White Cane Safety Day Partnership Walk' Is This Saturday!

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Oct 12 18:22:35 UTC 2011

So we've got Eric Burghardt and Malinda Ridenour back
in the Akron area, not just visiting this time. Yay!
Though we are sorry to hear that Toledo has lost a
couple of it's blind citizens, Akron welcomes them --
and so do we, the NFB of Greater Summit County! We are
happy to know they are in our backyard if they care to
get involved in any way here. All blind people in the
Greater Akron region, and sighted folks as well of
course, are always welcome to attend any of our
meetings or functions.

Eric and Malinda, me personally, I miss you guys.
Haven't heard from you in quite awhile. I hope your
move went smoothly, and hope you are well.

To all reading this, our 2011 NFB 'White Cane Safety
Day' Partnership Walk is happening this Saturday,
October 15th, starting at Noon. We'll be leaving the
Summit Mall food court at Noon, walking down West
Market Street for about 3 miles, wrapping up the walk
in the Rubber City Radio Group's parking lot. You don't
need to walk all 3 miles. Walk 50 feet with us if you
can. Just come out and join us! All are welcome.

If you'd like to begin helping to change what it means
to be blind in your community, come join us, or contact
us. Start now, start today. Seize the day -- lead the
way!

Contact us by e-mail at: info at nfb-akron.org or call
Bruce Peters at (330) 780-5827.

Lastly, our monthly meetins are held the 2nd Saturday
of each month, starting at 1pm, at the Akron Metro
Transit Center meting room. The public is always
welcome. Every bus from the Greater Akron region takes
you straight to this facility. Buses from Cleveland and
Canton also take you directly to this building -- if
anyone in the region would ever care to attend the
meetings but does not drive. Find out the exact address
of the facility, and driving directions too, at:
www.akronmetro.org.

Here's hoping we get to meet and talk with you this
Saturday at our 11th Annual White Cane Safety Day
Partnership Walk! ;-)

Blessings,
Everett