[Ohio-talk] BEP Article in Newsletter

eric duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Sat Sep 24 16:34:41 UTC 2011

When I write for our newsletter I try to write pieces with
stubstance and value.  As I write I try to think of how what I
say will go over with my audience.  My audience is certainly
those which I know will read the newsletter because it's our
publication.  It is also who I think might only read a particular
article because it has some relivance to them.  I don't allow how
others might react to what I say to have a major influence on my
writing.  Finally, much of the time I don't know how others
react.  I have received some comments about my Business
Enterprise program article that I thought are worth passing along
and perhaps they will generate some discussion on this list.

I have heard from several individuals but I am only passing on
part of the comments made by a retired staff member who never ran
the BE.  program, but and very close ties to it.  He still has a
great deal of respect from those who know of his  body of work
with the agency.  Here is what he said: A very thoughtful and
provocative piece that
will be hard for our agency to ignore- although they possess a
rare ability to
ignore the obvious.  This is a comprehensive and dynamic look at
the BEP.
It would truly be difficult to refute your comments which are
supported by
the consultant, the questionnaire, and the sordid history of BE.
It needed
to be said and I believe you interspersed enough supportive
statements and kudos
to gain their respect and attention.

Eric