[Ohio-talk] conference call last night

Cheryl Fischer c16a19f at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 12 19:51:17 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

It was a thought provoking discussion for me. I was impressed by how members
of the Springfield Chapter are creating a cohesive chapter together and by
the way individuals in that Chapter feel ownership of the outcome.

I also appreciated the discussion on giving each member a job to do at
meetings and recognizing each persons different abilities and contributions.

I especially love the idea of using meeting time to accomplish a task. Many
times we ask ourselves, "What did I accomplish with my time this afternoon
at that meeting?" When there's no positive answer, we start thinking of what
else we could have or should have been doing. I think, for our chapter,
that's why we often get good turnout at restaurants after which we all can
feel that we had a good time and maybe tried some new cuisine in addition to
taking care of chapter business. We've also held  meetings where we stuffed
envelopes for large Newsline mailings. When it was over, we had not only
held our chapter meeting, but had also socialized and gotten some valuable
work done.

Thanks to Jason and others who organized the conference call!

Cheryl

ginal Message-----