[Ohio-talk] ABC News Today

J.W. Smith jwsmithnfb at frontier.com
Tue May 1 12:41:04 UTC 2012

For those of you that attended the Board meeting on April 21st and
especially for those living in the Columbus area, ABC 6 will be airing the
first of perhaps a 6 part series today May 1st, at 5.

Essentially, what they did was follow me around Columbus to see if anyone
would try and take advantage of a blind person especially when money was
involved.

Perhaps those of you outside the viewing area can access it via the Internet
or perhaps they will put the segments Online, in any case, I think you might
find at least some of it to be interesting and perhaps at a later date I
will write something that fills in the gaps for you and tells you how it all
came about and give some other perspectives that I suspect will be missing
from their version of the story.

jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith

President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

PO Box 458 Athens, OH 45701

740-592-6326

"Changing what it means to be blind"

For more information go to nfbohio.org